Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Late night conversation with a friend

I was feeling a bit challenged tonight when a friend appeared on MSN Messenger Chat and we ended up chatting for a while. I was sharing with M how scary it can be moving alone to Australia alone in one and a half months without a job and permanent place to live at this moment. I thought our exchange of words might be useful words of encouragement.

“What do you think your biggest failure to yourself is? Think large picture.” “Not giving myself a chance to try something I really want.”

“I think you need to set some KPIs on goals which you have invested heavily in.”

“But I want to live life knowing that at least I tried. I hate to stop at something just because it’s unfamiliar to me.”

“Where did you pick up that fearless spirit?” “I think from sports. I hate to lose, and if I lose, I wanna go down fighting.”

“No one can win all the time, and that has taught me how to suck it up. I may grumble, but my mind is already focused on another goal.”

 

“Security = Liberty. I’m very very focused about getting as much security as possible so that I can have the freedom to have choices laid out for me. Emotional security…..need to be self-assured and confident enough so that our eyes can be opened to the options that lie ahead of us.”

 

 

[Via http://closerwalkwithmysoul.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment