Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thought for Tues, 1/19/10 - Don't tell me it's raining

I missed a day, due to being in Oklahoma, getting my MIL’s house ready to list on the market for sale. In the real estate downturn that is not an easy task. We’ve been painting and ‘staging’ rooms and doing everything we can to ‘stack the deck’ in our favor. That being said, as I sit here in my motel room, having just read the 19th edition of USA Today, a paper that I normally don’t read, I’m prompted to put down my thoughts for today.

On the front page is an article entitled ‘Opinions about Obama’. It basically divides those polled (2,014 adults, by phone, on Jan 8th and 9th) into 5 groups. With group 1 being the most pro-Obama and group 5 being the most anti-Obama. I won’t go into details, as it would detract from the point. Which is, even the most pro-Obama group gave Obama only a 71% approval rating. 9 out of 10 of them believe the economy has stabilized and will fully recover within 2 years. They think Obama has been thoughtful and intelligent about the current issues, which they see as complicated.

The last group says Obama is a miserable failure. They give him an approval rating of only 21%. Only 6% see the economy restarting within 2 years. Most see Obama as ‘not sharing their values’.

All groups were nearly the same in men vs women, age, and economic position.

The thing is, they didn’t call me. What’s up with that? I’m 60 years old and a registered voter, and I have never been called for a poll of any kind. ? ?

So, now, here’s my poll results.

I am a conservative, Christian, white, worked all my life up to retirement, college educated, disabled veteran. I did not vote for Obama. I voted for McCain. Because there was no other choice. Not that I didn’t like McCain, I just was hoping for something better. Didn’t happen. I did NOT vote for Obama because he was young, or because he was black. I did NOT vote for him because he had no leadership experience. I would NOT have voted for McCain simply because he was a veteran. I felt he had more leadership experience than Obama; however had I another qualified choice, I would likely have voted for that person. If Dr. Alan Keyes had been on the ticket I would have voted for him. For those of you who are not familiar with him, he is black.

Now to the main point. Obama does not have the grit to stand up to the opposition, from wherever it comes. He has failed on too many counts to identify with the masses. He went to a celebration for MLK, but did not attend a traditional Christian event. He bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia. Our leader must bow to no one. He has refused on more than one occasion to put his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. And what is that new age flag symbol thing he has? Was there a problem with the stars and stripes?

Anyway, now there is a fight in Massachusetts over a Senate seat that they say may determine the fate of health care. Think about that for just a second. If one Democrat seat will have that effect, then no one in their right mind can say it’s a bi-partisan effort. Obama said, as well as Pelosi, that this administration, not to mention this particular health care debate, would be ‘transparent’. Huh? I don’t think so. How is not allowing even C-Span, not to mention Republicans, to be involved and/or present during the so called debates transparent? I say it is a LIE. And I’m not the only one saying that. Some big shot reporters are saying the same thing.

I don’t wish for the health care ISSUE to fail. I think we DO need something done. What I do NOT think is that the majority who have health care need to suffer for the minority who do not. I do NOT think that I should subsidize people who will NOT try to take care of themselves. Even Jesus said, the poor will always be with us (paraphrased). Helping the widows and orphans is one thing. Giving handouts to lazy, unmotivated people is quite another. AND, trying to shove this down my throat, behind closed doors, and pissing on my boot and telling me it’s raining, is something else again.

In November, ANYONE who is an incumbent, will not get my vote. I think you should seriously consider the same thing. Think about it. Why would someone, in their right mind, spend millions of dollars to keep a job that pays a hundred thousand or so. I wouldn’t. Would you? I didn’t think so. Point made.

[Via http://ozarkfreedomfighter1.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment