Monday, March 15, 2010

I Have Arrived

Initially, I could not decide whether to post my response to this enigmatic event on this blog or on our more supportive Ninja Nannies blog.  In the end, I have decided that it would be most polite to place my comments here, since I am really responding to a comment left after my posting, Retire Already!

I suspect I have confused you, and so I am honor-bound to clear that up.  You see, I received my first dissenting comment today.  Hence, I have arrived.  The bad news is I blocked the comment for two reasons.  First, the comment came under the auspices of AARP as an insurance quote.  I will neither  advertise, purchase, nor promote that organization.  And  second, it is not nice to lobby for your huge corporation without giving your name.  So…I do appreciate the disention but ask that you come back when your primary personality shows up.

Now then, the reason I thought this post might be perfectly tailored for Ninja Nannies, is that the affect sounded like a petulant child.  And, even more interesting, is that this person sounded really mad at me.  Any of you who have followed me for any length of time know that this type of response is just hilarious and intriguing.  Therefore, I’m going to present this comment as factually as I am able and then pray to the heavens that Mr. AARP comes back, ‘cuz  I love ya’.

Here goes:  Apparently, it is the fault of the “old conservatives” that there is any debate at all on this whole health care thing.  To be fair, I think this person was defending the very presidency of B.O. (His initials are not my fault) and not just my old timey reasoning about health care and government employees.  It is his supposition that the first round of stimulus money is what resuscitated our current economy and saved us from the precipice of disaster.  And, oh yes, this person thinks I am a real meanie because I do not understand how badly the poor folks need this help with their health care and such.  I think the comment even begs the question; “What are you doing to help all those poor, unemployed, uninsured, and downtrodden fellow citizens?”  I hope I have presented that fairly.

Well..here’s what I’m doing.  I’m going to work every day, while investing extra time in creative ways to increase my income.  In short, I am taking responsibility for my own existence.  I am contributing to the public good by paying taxes and providing needed service.  I am the OLD CONSERVATIVE that is buying the groceries, paying the rent, and keeping the lights on for those who are reveling in the extension of unemployment benefits.

I do not have  37 million members like AARP, because I am not a huge, engorged, corporate body like the AARP.  And, oh yeah, I do not have the privilege of lobbying the left-wing members of Congress and tossing quid pro quo around the room like the AARP.

But, I do keep my promises, unlike the AARP, who, like many big insurance titans, often denies coverage to little, old ladies like myself.  I care about you, silly boy (or girl-no offense intended).  I just need you to know that I have a family of my own who needs me to take care of them.  I think we can do better in America.  I think we have the wit and the will to solve all of our problems.  I just think we can do it without pulling the plug on my respirator, murdering any more babies, or leaving a gigantic debt to my grandchildren.

You and I agree that health care reform and welfare reform and education reform are desperately necessary.  I thought that up decades ago when you were, most likely, resting comfortably in your mother’s womb.  I’m on board to help.

Incidentally, I am happy to see that you ended your comment with the words, “God Bless America”.  Though, I am not too sure you meant it.  It seemed a tiny, bit sarcastic.  Forgive me if I am wrong about that.  I hope to hear from you again.  Sorry though because I have to go now.  I need to get up for WORK tomorrow, and this Daylight Saving Time is a real pain!

[Via http://timefordeborah.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment