Friday, September 4, 2009

Action Star!

This morning was great.

Star was once again waiting for me quietly at the gate. As she is currently in season again, I thought this morning would be a bit difficult. Her mood is usually not that god when she’s in season…

I took her to the school and introduced her to the big ball. Obviously she tried to bite it and step on it but then she just smelled it and went away.

I asked her a figure 8 at trot and she did it! It was the first time, she usually hates trotting and gets angry when I make her move faster than she wants. I was so happy!

Then, I decided to turn her loose and we had the most amazing liberty session. I was running around and she was galloping before me, occasionally stopping and turning around to look at me. So much fun!

We did some driving game, porcupine, sideways, friendly, etc. all at liberty and she was giving much more than she usually does when on line.

Then, she played with the ball a little while, pushing it with her nose and legs. I think she likes it.

She finished on the pedestal, waiting for me to scratch her. She is a clever pony!

I decided not to ride her this morning. She gave me a lot more than I expected and I wanted to keep her happy!

Oh and to finish, GOOD NEWS! I was contacted by a 1* Parelli instructor who is offering free tuition to students and she is going to visit us at the yard soon. How cool!!

[Via http://sophorses.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment